Sunday, March 15, 2015

What's Your Favorite Color?

When I asked Michael Glaser, Maryland's Poet Laureate, what's your favorite color? he replied with this poem.  It was so sweet, it was on my mind all day.  How lucky his wife is to be thought of in such a touching way.  After being inspired by his poem, I thought of the slogan for our 8th annual Read across America, poetry puts pictures in our heads and lingers inout hearts.  Thank you Michael for gifting CHS with your presence!

I hope all of us take the time to think of our favorite color and share it through the images and feelings of a poem.


Blue
my favorite color is blue!
like the ocean,
like the sky,
like the color of my wife's eyes-
each vibrant and changing-
so many hues
it depends on my mood
as I try to imagine
which shade of blue
I'd want to choose!

No comments: