Monday, February 23, 2015

Cougars' Digital Media Center

Cougars' Digital Media Center is the CHS media website.  I started it back in 2001 at the Tech Academy and started not knowing anything about web design.  I used a software called Web Easy that I purchased at Office Depot.  It was not at all easy!  Several years ago I decided to take an online html class through AACC.  Unfortunately I had just purchased an Apple computer which made matters worse because it was recommended that you use a pc.  The work I did would not upload etc.  It was a nightmare but I redesigned my site and retired the old one.  Johns Hopkins for years had been hosting my Tech Academy site and someone compromised the server, so they were no longer able to host the grads.  I have been with iPage ever since.  I have been very happy with their server.

After taking the html class I decided to transfer my site to Dreamweaver.  I have been fairly happy with it, and I do not have to memorize any html.

The sole purpose of the site is to empower and inspire students



http://cdmediacenter.com

Please let me know how you feel about the site and what I could
do to make it more useful to students!



No comments: